Money Laundering Regulations 2017
Proving your identity whether selling or buying a property
Acceptable documents - Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
As with all Estate Agents, Mays are subject to the Money Laundering Regulations 2007. This means that we must obtain and hold identification and proof of address for all customers. Additionally, we are also required to establish whether there are any beneficial owners on whose behalf the transaction or activity is taking place, hence, we would request you to identify anyone who you would consider to be a beneficial owner. Where appropriate, the source or destination of funds may also be requested. Without this information we will be unable to proceed with any work on your behalf.
Below is a list of acceptable identity documents. We require sight of all original or certified documents. Subject to your individual circumstances, Mays may liaise with you for further/other documentation. We operate an electronic identification service via Creditsafe.
Individual identity documents
We will require one document from List A and one recent document from List B dated within the past 3 months
LIST A - IDENTITY DOCUMENT
- Current full signed passport.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- EEA member state identity card.
- Inland revenue tax notification.
- State pension or benefit booklet / notification letter.
LIST B - PROOF OF ADDRESS
- Utility bill (not mobile).
- Mortgage statement.
- Bank / building society statement or passbook.
- Valid UK driving licence (if not used for List A as ID).
- State pension or benefits book / notification letter (if not used for list A as ID).
- Current local authority tenancy agreement / rent card.
If you are acting as a Representative/Executor or and Administrator of an Estate we require the following:
- Grant of Probate (if a will was left).
- Letter of administration (if no will left).
- Individual identity evidence from List A & B for the Personal Representative, either executor or administrator.
If you are acting as a Representative of a UK Company Limited/PLC or a partnership we will also require the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Articles of Association.
- Memorandum of Association.
- Latest Annual Return or Confirmation Statement, with details of current company officers.
- If offshore, nominee director declaration and a general power of attorney Individual identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company.
If you are acting as a Representative of an Offshore Company we will also require the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, Latest Annual Return with details of current company officers, Share Certificate(s) showing the Ultimate Beneficial Owner OR Certificate of Incumbency.
- If the shares are owned by another company, repeat steps above for the holding company.
- Nominee director declaration and/or general Power of Attorney (if applicable) Individual identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company.
If you are acting as a Representative of a Trust we require the following:
- Trust deed.
- List of trustees.
- List of beneficiaries.
- Individual Identity evidence from List A & B for all individuals with a vested interest in 25% or more of the capital and/or those who exercise control over the Trust.